There are a few things in life that make my heart skip a beat. Music festivals are definitely one of those things. Anxiously I await the dates upon which sales start, I’m obsessively listening to the radio to hear the first names on the line-up and when I can’t make it to a certain festival, my heart dies a little bit. For me festivals revolve around the music, the atmosphere, the friends, the fashion and of course the dancing! We’re already well into the festival season and I already got the chance to go Couleur Café and Rock Werchter. Pukkelpop is coming up in little over a week and I can’t wait to choose what I’m going to pack and which bands I definitely have to see.
Festival fashion is by far among my favorite kind of styles. When it is done well, it has the perfect amount bohemian, rock-and-roll and casual elements. No heels for me! I used to write a Coachella report each year but a new blog called for a new concept! Therefore I wanted to share my ultimate favorite looks that I spotted on the festivals that have already been (ok, on Glastonbury and Coachella) and later on I’ll share my favorite music. Without music there is of course no festival.
If you’re still looking for the perfect festival outfit, try and include some of these items:
– The ultimate ripped denim shorts: Spotted at every festival, the denim short is always present! My favorite is the Bandit line of One Teaspoon.
– A crop top: Show some belly if you can, if not, combine it with a high waisted pair of shorts or skirt.
– Kimonos: Finally available in most high street chains. Choose one with color and tastles and wear of over some basics.
– Cowboy boots or Dicker Boots: Boots are perfect to protect your feet from mud and people stepping on them. Comined with the above items it is also just very cool.
– Transparant fabrics, preferably lace: A trend that I loved since it first started. A top with a transparant back is the easiest way to wear this trend. I do however also love the see-though lace dresses with only (big) underwear underneath.
– Flowers: wear it on your head, on your kimono or wherever you want. This perfectly ties in with the bohemian atmosphere at festivals and, well, who doesn’t like a dress-up party?
– The backpack: Another trend that has resurrected from the 90’s. Go for leather pieces or for full on nostalgia take your Eastpak with you.
// Photos / Instagram / Instagram / Harper’s Bazaar / Wgsn / Diane Kruger by Zimbio / Harper’s Bazaar / Alexa Chung by Glamour / Style Logistics / Instagram / Unknown / Kate Bosworth by Popsugar / ELLE / Alexa Chung by Glamour / Refinery 29 / Beyonce / We Wore What / Poppy Delevigne and Sienna Miller by Fashion Design Weeks / Glamour / Beyonce / Emmy Rossum by Popsugar / HAIM by Who What Wear / We Wore What / Diane Kruger by Zimbio / Diane Kruger by Zimbio / ELLE / ELLE / Tobruck Avenue / ELLE / ELLE / ELLE / Unknown / Tobruck Avenue //